A wedding reception is the party that follows the ceremony, where the newlyweds, their families, and their guests come together to celebrate the couple's union. It's an exciting and festive event that usually includes a variety of activities and traditions. Here are some of the events that you can expect to happen at a wedding reception.
- The Grand Entrance: The newlyweds make their first appearance as husband and wife, often to a song or special introduction. This is a great opportunity to take photographs of the couple and their guests as they enter the reception venue.
- The First Dance: The couple takes to the dance floor for their first dance as a married couple. This is a romantic moment that sets the tone for the rest of the reception.
- The Parent Dances: The couple will also dance with their parents, usually the mother of the bride and the father of the groom.
- The Meal: A wedding reception usually includes a meal, whether it's a sit-down dinner or a buffet. This is a great opportunity for guests to catch up with each other and for the couple to visit each table.
- The Speeches: This is an opportunity for the couple's family and friends to give speeches and toast the couple. This can be a very emotional and entertaining part of the reception.
- The Cutting of the Cake: The couple will cut their wedding cake, which is usually a special moment that is captured on camera.
- The Bouquet and Garter Toss: The bride will throw her bouquet and the groom will remove the garter from the bride's leg and toss it to the single men and women.
- The Dancing: After dinner, the dance floor will open and guests will have the opportunity to dance to music provided by a DJ or band.
- The Send-off: The reception usually ends with a send-off for the couple, often with sparklers or bubbles.
A wedding reception is a celebration of love and commitment, and the events that happen at the reception are a reflection of that. It's a time to come together with family and friends to celebrate the newlyweds and their union. Each couple is different and may have different traditions and events that they want to include in their reception, but these are some of the most common events that you can expect to happen at a wedding reception.